On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
> How's that different from updates-testing?

It's update-testing with time based flushes to stable with an
infrequent flush rate instead of the stochastic flushing to stable
that we do now.

But the bulk of what he wants is for older stable update to continue
to available to be able to downgrade to if a stable update becomes
'known bad' at some point. Instead of pushing yet another update for
'known bad' updates, he wants to back out to a previous 'known good'
update..assuming it isn't marked as 'known bad' as well.  I feel there
is a logical fallacy lurking here concerning how things are classified
as 'known bad' but I'm too tired right now to try to articulate it.

-jef