What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 16:36:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 18:22 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> One way or another, if I were building a distribution that wanted to
> simultaneously claim that it is both new code and 'tested and working',
> I'd try to plan in a way that it wasn't a flip of the coin on every
> machine which you'll get today.

Now here's a crazy idea, that nobody seems to want to follow:

Treat rawhide as your 'new code' land, leave the release trees as your
'testing and working' code.  That is don't be so goddamn eager to push
new packages and new upstream releases to every freaking branch in
existence.

Of course, when I make suggestions like these, I become extremely
unpopular.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!