Re: Any chance of seeing GCC UPC in Fedora?

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 01:23:59PM -0800, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 December 2008 12:55:34 pm Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > Any chance of seeing the GCC UPC compiler in Fedora?  Could it be its
> > own package even though it's basically a patch on top of GCC?
>
> Is there any reason not to provide it as part of GCC given that it simply
> extends the functionality of GCC (adds another language frontend)? Does

Yes, very important reason.  From what I see, it has been ported to GCC
4.2.x and 3.4.x, that's not sufficient for Fedora, where we'll soon be
switching to GCC 4.4.x.

> upstream plan to get its patches included in GCC upstream?

Unless they actually get them incorporated into upstream GCC, they won't
be in Fedora primary gcc packages.

	Jakub