Installing from Live CD is the new black?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Dec 11 06:52:14 UTC 2008

Linus Walleij wrote:
> Is it just me or doesn't everybody make their installs off the Live CD
> these days?

I still prefer the install DVD, it has so much applications I need which
are not available on the Live CD and I prefer the install to be fast
(not waiting for important large packages to be downloaded durinr or
after the install).

> The ordinary installer CD:s don't work at all for me on this system
> (they don't even load Anaconda, some low-level problem after boot).

At F9 they worked.

> And I cannot switch to say harddisk or netinstall either, none of that
> works as it should.

I had troubles with the hard disk install too for F10, I wanted to
perform the install without burning a DVD but it refused to play.