Re: Installing from Live CD is the new black?

Linus Walleij wrote:
Is it just me or doesn't everybody make their installs off the Live CD
these days?

I still prefer the install DVD, it has so much applications I need which are not available on the Live CD and I prefer the install to be fast (not waiting for important large packages to be downloaded durinr or after the install).

The ordinary installer CD:s don't work at all for me on this system
(they don't even load Anaconda, some low-level problem after boot).

At F9 they worked.

And I cannot switch to say harddisk or netinstall either, none of that
works as it should.

I had troubles with the hard disk install too for F10, I wanted to perform the install without burning a DVD but it refused to play.