What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Bradley Baetz bbaetz at acm.org
Thu Dec 11 07:17:01 UTC 2008

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> I would definitely say that waiting 6 months (I don't agree with this
> lowball of 3 months) is too long for new and useful software. Taking
> the example of OpenOffice, my windows machine has a more up to date
> version of OO.org than my Fedora machines. I find this weird and
> unfortunate.

But what, specifically, were you missing?

Personally, one of the reasons I upgraded to F10 before it was released
was for office2007 support in openoffice 3. (I wish it wasn't, but....)

I've been using RH (and now fedora) as my main OS since version
5.<mumble> and I'm having trouble thinking of more than one or two
features that I really wanted ASAP. Maybe I'm not adventurous enough? ;)

Bradley