Re: Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Sometime it is better to push directly to stable, when the package is
> already broken, when it is a security fix, or for packages with few
> users.

I agree with that so far, but such unluckily gotten base packages as dbus
(you know, I dislike dbus) need definately more love and especially much
more QA before getting stable. Such base packages IMHO need to succeed
several defined test cases, before they ever should make it into stable -
including security packages. The broken dbus brought us nice results in
and around Fedora.

I don't want to blame the package maintainer or upstream for that, but we
as Fedora need to do better QA before getting such updates into stable.

Greetings,
  Robert