Re: Making updates-testing more useful

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Richard Hughes wrote:

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 17:43 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
Also, this would imply automatically turning on updates-testing,
downloading metadata, and disabling updates-testing all behind the
users back. A few people might get upset by this.

I've been prototyping something like this, but it doesn't seem to work:

   repos = self.yumbase.repos.repos.values()
   repos_enabled = []
   repos_disabled = []

   pkgs = []
   yb._up = None
   ygl = yb.doPackageLists(pkgnarrow='updates')
   pkgs.extend(ygl.updates)
   ygl = yb.doPackageLists(pkgnarrow='obsoletes')
   pkgs.extend(ygl.obsoletes)

   print pkgs

   for repo in repos:
       if repo.id.endswith('testing'):
           if not repo.isEnabled():
               repo.enablePersistent()
               repos_enabled.append(repo)
       else:
           if repo.isEnabled():
               repo.disablePersistent()
               repos_disabled.append(repo)

   pkgs = []
   yb._up = None
   ygl = yb.doPackageLists(pkgnarrow='updates')
   pkgs.extend(ygl.updates)
   ygl = yb.doPackageLists(pkgnarrow='obsoletes')
   pkgs.extend(ygl.obsoletes)

   print pkgs

   for repo in repos_enabled:
       repo.disablePersistent()
   for repo in repos_disabled:
       repo.enablePersistent()

I'm already clearing the update list by doing "yb._up = None", but I
can't seem to get the "testing" updates in the second pass. Any ideas?

two things:
1. yb.up has a property() setter so you can do yb.up = None
2. you need to do the doRepoSetup(thisrepo=repo) for the repo to get picked up.

-sv