> But often it's impossible to fix some bugs without a version upgrade. For
> example, the upgrade to KDE 4.1 in F9 fixed many bugs in 4.0.

To an extent, that's acceptable.  Superfluous and gratuitous major
version changes aren't.  Also, there is a difference between doing 4.0
to 4.1 and doing something like 3.5 to 4.1.  I'm pretty sure you
understand the spirit of what I'm pushing for, and aren't just trying to
find fault in the specific words I've used (since every upstream is
different and use numbers in different ways to express different
things).

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!