On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 01:28 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> I also use Fedora as my primary OS, and seeing as most OSS software
> brings new features and bug fixes with each release, what's not to
> want with a new update? Shouldn't one be able to stay within the
> package management system and be as up to date with Windows/Mac
> software where packages are manually downloaded?

Particularly with OpenOffice.org there really needs to be a compelling
reason to jump on every upstream drop.  It's a huge package that costs
a /ton/ of bandwidth to mirror and for users to download and update.
The maintainer rightly determines when the update is worth the cost.

Newest numbers for the sake of newest numbers is just idiocy.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!