Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 19:25 +1100, Bradley Baetz wrote:
Kevin Kofler wrote:
Bradley Baetz wrote:
Why is waiting for a new feature for 3 months too long?
Because the user has work to do which requires the new feature.
Sometimes, sure. But (again excluding new hardware) how often does that happen?
More often than you might think.

But, balance that against the advice given here to people who complained about KDE 4.0 not being ready for prime time, which was that "nobody forced you to upgrade to F9".

More precisely, as a developer, to me, this is the #1 motivation to use
Fedora. Otherwise, I could use a different distro.

As a participant in Fedora, other almost equally important aspects comes
into play: Tayloring the distro to meet my personal demands and having a
possibilities fix bugs quickly.

Having to wait for "at average 3 months", would widely waste these
aspects and render Fedora non-interesting to me.

But pushing broken stuff may force people to wait even longer to get something they can use, plus all the trouble of having to back out updates or upgrades which has no convenient mechanism.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com