Seth Vidal wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Les Mikesell wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:
I'll be honest the everything-as-its-own-daemon thing is not interesting until you want to do desktop notifications.

Can't you have something conceptually like inetd as a generic listener daemon that starts other processes as needed?

That's what dbus is supposed to be able to do.

But I thought the topic here was that numerous daemons were being started just to listen for dbus notifications. Do you need something already connected to your session?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com