Re: yum --skip-broken update by default?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Steven Moix wrote:

Hello,

Last night I had an idea, why not alias "yum update" to "yum
--skip-broken update" by default? This simple hack could prevent a lot
of recurring support questions on the forums:

1) People who have dependency problem won't see them anymore.

b/c we need to get the dep problems reported, too.

2) It doesn't change anything for the rest of the people.

sure it does, it means that you think you're updated completely, but you're not.

-sv