Re: yum --skip-broken update by default?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Bill Nottingham wrote:

Seth Vidal (skvidal fedoraproject org) said:
1) People who have dependency problem won't see them anymore.

b/c we need to get the dep problems reported, too.

Then you also enable by default the
yum-email-dep-problems-to-fedora-devel
plugin.

Do we have an anonymous bug filer account we can use? If so, then,
well,yes, we can do that.

-sv

I would hope that this would be opt-in as well, or we're going to make a
lot of people angry. Some people don't necessarily want to broadcast the
list of packages they have or want on their system - broken or not.

What in fedora is NOT opt-in? Moreover, it's a plugin.

-sv