yum --skip-broken update by default?

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 20:29:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com>wrote:

> Seth Vidal wrote:

> >> Then you also enable by default the
> >> yum-email-dep-problems-to-fedora-devel
> >> plugin.
> >
> > Do we have an anonymous bug filer account we can use? If so, then,
> > well,yes, we can do that.
> >
> > -sv
> >

> I would hope that this would be opt-in as well, or we're going to make a
> lot of people angry. Some people don't necessarily want to broadcast the
> list of packages they have or want on their system - broken or not.

Its not really a problem to simply add --skip-broken when something is
broke.  But I'd be OK with yum automatically using the --skip-broken
feature, explaining what is broke at the end, then asking if it is ok to
report it anonymously.

--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours?  Fedoraproject.org