Jeff Spaleta wrote:

That doesn't sound like something that scales very well.  Can I get the
package set I want by excluding all other possibilities?

config files on client systems don't scale?

exclude as a directive not flexible enough for you?

man yum.conf search for includepkgs

instead of excluding the world, you can include narrowly..as narrowly
as you want...on a per repository basis... on a per client system
basis.

More to the point, how can I expect this to work after the thing I want goes away in the repository, replaced by a mistaken push of something broken? I think it is unreasonable to assume that such mistakes will never happen. What's the plan to avoid/recover from this?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com