Till Maas wrote:
On Thu December 11 2008, Les Mikesell wrote:

So, what is the correct plan to avoid getting a broken update onto a
machine you care about?  Take the one towards the end of FC6 that broke

You can not update at all or only install security related updates and then only the ones that fix something, your machine is really vulnerable to.

That sort of assumes that there is some defined stable state that I'd know that I didn't want to migrate from - and I've never seen a fedora initial release that was close to that. How am I supposed to know when this state arrives? And if there's no reason to pick up those other updates, why push them in the first place. My point is that mistakes are going to happen and there should be a planned way to avoid or fix them that doesn't include downtime on every machine that runs the distribution.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com