On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 10:11 +1100, Bradley Baetz wrote:
> But to pull it back slightly, is there a way to quickly unpush a
> package? Even though the tree compose takes a while, is keeping a copy
> of yesterday's updates dir a simpler problem for these sorts of things?
>
> For me (in .au) the package was known to be broken before it hit my
> local mirror, so if it had been pulled before the rsync I wouldn't have
> seen anything broken at all....

Without bypassing a lot of the process and making assumptions with
regard to multilib, no, the time it takes to produce repos minus an
update is on par with the time it takes to produce repos with fixed
versions of the package.  That is, 12 hours for the whole boat of
F8->F10 updates and updates-testing.  Quite a bit less if we're just
going to do say f10-updates only, but still /hours/.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!