Re: yum --skip-broken update by default?

Seth Vidal wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Steven Moix wrote:

Hello,

Last night I had an idea, why not alias "yum update" to "yum
--skip-broken update" by default? This simple hack could prevent a lot
of recurring support questions on the forums:

1) People who have dependency problem won't see them anymore.

b/c we need to get the dep problems reported, too.

I'm just wondering why you need 1000s of busy developers to all hit the same dependency issues to find this out?

Can't you do this on one "dependency checker' machine somewhere? Or have it automatically reported from a limited number of testers?

--
John Ellson