Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:32:12 -0600, Arthur wrote:
>
>> 6 months is a pretty long time to wait for a major release. I
>> understand the rationale, but if this is going to be the new Fedora,
>> best announce this and let  everyone know so that they can reevaluate
>> if Fedora is for them. As things are, I feel that we are being _too_
>> conservative. Any further move to more conservatism seriously affects
>> Fedora's usefulness to me.
>
> Why?

Because, like me, he chose Fedora *because* of the stream of updates, we
*want* those updates, including version upgrades. We would be using Ubuntu
or CentOS or any of the other bazillion conservative distros otherwise.

A distro with a 6-month release cycle, but conservative updates, already
exists, it's called Ubuntu, why do we need to copy it? If you want Ubuntu,
go use Ubuntu.

        Kevin Kofler