Re: use fcron as default scheduler in Fedora?

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 17:19 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Or let me ask it this way. Right now in the entire repository is
> vim-minimal the only editor which is being explicitly required to
> filling this fallback role? If it is, enshrine that as policy before I
> get a chance to submit a package which falls back to nano. If its not
> the only editor being used as a fallback in the repository, then some
> compromise needs to be worked out so don't have people dragging in
> multiple editors to fill the fallback capacity.

calm down a bit here.  The only reason it would have a hard requires on
'vi' would be if the software itself, without any options for $EDITOR,
falls back to calling the hard path of /bin/vi.

If your software does the same, but is hard coded to fall back
to /usr/bin/nano, then that's fine, you'll have a requirement on nano.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!