Re: Debugging sound volume problem

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 5:19 AM, Lennart Poettering
<mzerqung 0pointer de> wrote:
> Unfortunately the ALSA mixers are not in all cases properly
> initialized by default yet. For cases where this went wrong, you can
> use "alsamixer -c0" to play around with the mixer at the lowest level.

Thanks for the helpful information, everyone.  This tip did the trick.
 Even though the "Master" volume was at 100%, "PCM" and "Front" were
at very low levels, and everything else was at zero.  I can hear my
music again!  Hurrah!
--
Jerry James, showing his age by listening to "Eye in the Sky"
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/