Les Mikesell wrote:
> I still believe that with some minor changes you could please everyone,
> including people who want a different pace on different machines.  You
> just need a fast-track, slow-track scheme for installing updates

More update tracks = more maintainership work, more possible combinations of
packages (thus less testing), so not very likely to happen and may well be
counterproductive (untested combinations of updates can cause problems).

> and some cutoff (say 3 months in) for feature-change updates to a release.

That would definitely not "please everyone". I don't want such a cutoff, and
if it really has to be introduced at some point, I'd be really unhappy with
anything less than 7-9 months in (giving me a 1-3 month old next release to
upgrade to to get my new features). And I'm sure there are more people like
me (just read e.g. Arthur Pemberton's comments, and it can't just be us 2
either).

        Kevin Kofler