Re: yum --skip-broken update by default?

JK> Which I do believe is against the packaging guidelines.

Not really.  Conflicts should be explicit if they exist.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Conflicts

"Whenever possible, Fedora packages should avoid conflicting with each
other. Unfortunately, this is not always possible. These guidelines
illustrate how conflicts should be handled in Fedora, specifically
concerning when and when not to use the Conflicts: field."

 - J<