Jesse Keating wrote:
On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 13:46 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
I think the need has been demonstrated... And if it only applied to cases that had not soaked in updates-testing for some amount of time it should rarely apply.

But soaking does not equate to actual testing.

That's a separate problem that in my opinion can't be fixed without creating a repo containing package sets that are exactly as will be in production. But, that would not change the need to expedite certain things for security reasons or to undo breakage and without the usual test cycle there will be more mistakes.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com