Re: yum --skip-broken update by default?

JE> Why?  Thats a dumb way to select features.  Make them not-conflict
JE> and provide some kind of configuration option.

Because there have been certain difficulties in getting these packages
to live with each other, requiring various finessing which as I
understand things has been progressing.

I mean, come on, two syslog daemons?  Each needing to own (and do
things like provide log rotation for) the same files?  Alternatives
isn't going to handle that, you know.  And as I understand it, there
are actually three syslog daemons people might want to use, all with
the same issues.  You make it sound as if these things have absolutely
trivial solutions, and the only reason for making them conflict is to
annoy you.  Do you even allow for the possibility that there's an
actual difficult issue here?

 - J<