Fedora Com System ? (was: Package updating problem and solutions)

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 12 21:08:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> [...]

okay, so as much as this makes me cringe I'll suggest something probably
crack filled:

- additional metadata file of notices in repodata
- each notice has an id on it
- a yum plugin or pk or what not - records the notices you've seen
- as it finds new ones it emits them for you.

that wouldn't really help us in the situation where an update broke the
update system, of course.

-sv