Re: Fedora Com System ? (was: Package updating problem and solutions)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

I was thinking more of a human driven system.

Example:

1) The recent email to the announce list would be "sent out" to all
F10 users as a "critical alerting" instructing them accordingly.

We don't have any way to notify all fedora users. We don't even remotely have anything like a users list and we won't be getting one.

2) Something takes down the build system, a "infrastructure alert:
would go out letting everyone know that updates will be dead for x
hours"

and that would be sent, where?

3) ...  i think you get the drift

not exactly.