Re: Fedora Com System ? (was: Package updating problem and solutions)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Fedora Com System ? (was: Package updating problem and solutions)
From: Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Date: 12/12/2008 04:51 PM

I am thinking in terms of the a "Fedora Radio" which sits on the
desktop and lets people know when things are happening, with an
adjustable "debug level". So it would just pull stuff from a feed and
only display relevant alerts, kind of like those weather radios used
in the USA (http://www.weather.gov/nwr/) Something that the user
doesn't have to mess with to have it be useful, but can be be messed
with to make less annoying (if someone would find that annoying)

This is seemingly a lot clearer and logical in my head, will attempt
to draw a flow chart or so at some later point.

Oh.... Fedora Radio. I like it. RSS feed that could be sent across mirrors just like packages.