Re: Perseus Digital Library?

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 03:53:11PM -0500, Jonathan Robie wrote:
Does anyone have plans to create a Fedora RPM for the Perseus Digital Library?

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/opensource

I'm not quite ready to commit to creating one, but I'm definitely playing with the idea. I'd have to figure out roughly how much of my free time would be needed first.

Incidentally, isn't the non-commercial license incompatible with
Fedora?

If it is, that would answer the question ....

And more to the point, aren't these texts unquestionably
public domain (the ancient Greeks never had such a concept as
copyright, and the collections date from 300-2500 years old) ...

Probably not "unquestionably", people use textual criticism to assemble a text, one edition of a given Greek work looks a little different from another. People who create critical texts have typically copyrighted them.

But I'm not sure what issue you are pointing at here. Educate me!

Jonathan