Re: Installing from Live CD is the new black?

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Chris Lumens wrote:
Is it just me or doesn't everybody make their installs off the Live CD
these days?

I do kind of wish everyone used live CDs, but that's probably never
going to be the way it works.

That's just not gonna happen. Live CD are so small, they can't hold even OpenOffice.org (or hold it but sacrifice a lot of other much needed applications).

OpenOffice.org in a live cd is certainly possible. We do more locales instead but if you want a custom live cd to include all the packages YOU need, it takes about 20 minutes with a local mirror. Really easy.

Rahul