On Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:
> > Thoughts on prevention or mediation ideas that would help when people
> > make this sort of mistake?
>
> I think the simplest would have requiring pushes direct to stable for
> core packages (defining "core" as "anything installed by default on
> the Desktop or Service livecd images") need some sort of signoff,
> possibly from multiple people.

Maybe everything has to go through testing, the number of installation on
clients enabled with testing there compared with the results/karma and the
possible bug reports would give feedback whether its save to move the
package to stable or not - that would move us out of "core" or "base", as
this is anyway impossible to define.

Greetings,
  Robert