Re: Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, Chuck Anderson wrote:

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 09:47:57PM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Chuck Anderson wrote:
PK already has features that yum does not--it shows metadata about
updates that yum doesn't, for example.

It does? what metadata would that be? Considering all the info PK has
about packages it gets FROM yum I don't see how that's possible.

Yum doesn't show the user the type of the update: security vs. bugfix
vs. enhancement. It also doesn't show the user the update comments,
nor any suggested logout/login or reboot actions after the updates are
applied.  I believe the data comes from updateinfo.xml.gz in the repo.

yum install yum-security

This plugin adds the options --security, --cve, --bz and --advisory
flags to yum and the list-security and info-security commands. The options make it possible to limit list/upgrade of packages to
specific security relevant ones. The commands give you the security information.

-sv