Re: Installing from Live CD is the new black?

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Jerry Amundson wrote:
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
But to make room for it you have to leave out something else, perhaps
something just as important. This is why the DVD is a better option for
install.

But the DVD writer is not an easy commodity, globally speaking.
Other install options are best.

If you don't have access to a DVD writer, I assume you don't have an internet connection good enough to transform a Live CD install into something usable, so what is your best choice? the 6 install CDs?

Live USB keys are what I prefer. Cross platform tools available. Does not waste media. Installation is very fast - usually around 3 minutes. Performance is good. Support for persistence where I can install more packages as I prefer and carry them around easily and so on.

Rahul