[Fwd: Build Error (Job 2059): sdlmame-0129-0_6_0128u6_fc11 on fedora-development-rpmfusion_nonfree]

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:39:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:33:46 +0100, Julian wrote:

> >> Package 'dbus-1', required by 'gconf', not found
> >
> >> Package dbus-1 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> >> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `dbus-1.pc'
> >> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> >

> OK, GConf2-devel indeed does not have dbus-devel Requires defined, but
> then how come the build did work on F-10? Also, previous version built
> fine on F-11.

See my other reply. pkg-config behaviour has been modified, too

What exactly has been changed with regard to processing the
Requires.private dependencies in .pc files is not clear to me, and
I don't have the time to examine it further. It can be debugged with
several checks like running pkg-config with common use-cases like
--exists/--cflags/--libs and see whether/how it processes the private
deps. It could be that it pulls in Requires.private when it shouldn't.