Broken dependencies in Fedora 10 - 2008-12-14

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 15 13:03:06 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:

> It mails all co-maintainers for a very long time already.
>
> In the summary, only the primary owner (the first one in the old
> owner.list files) is listed. Recently I wanted to modify it to make that
> more clear (and e.g. print the number of co-maintainers that have been
> mailed -- I've been distracted with other things).

That would be very useful.

Or the summary could be
> changed to list only the src.rpm package names.

Well, that would be very problematic for people who have say more than a
  few dozen packages. I don't even recall offhand all the packages I own
and I don't own that many.

> Btw, the wrong Obsoletes in gyachi have been discussed in private mail.
> I'm unsure whether the packager has understood the problem and the fix.

It appears he does but he seems offline for a couple of weeks. He also
told me, you had informed him that the issue isn't a urgent priority. Is
that because the updates are in testing repository?

> olpc-utils is one of the packages that have gone directly to stable:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F10/FEDORA-2008-10123
> It's broken in rawhide, too.

I haven't done anything with it in a long time. I am going to orphan it
and let the current co-maintainer take ownership if he is going to fix it.

Rahul