X taking upto 99% processor time

Hi,

Anyone any ideas why X should be taking 99% of my available processor
time? I'm using a dual core Intel x86 box with an nVidia graphics card
(I'm using the default X driver for it, not the nasty proprietory one
with it's nasty 3d acceleration and stuff ;-p)

I'm using rawhide, last updated at 9am UK time.

TTFN

Paul