Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Harald Hoyer wrote:
Dan Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 15:47 +0100, Harald Hoyer wrote:
At this point, I recognized that all processes (NetworkManager and newaliases),

Odd, NM isn't intentionally calling fsync() (it's not anywhere in the
code), nor does glib do that anywhere that I can find.  I can't think of
anything that would require an fsync for NM, so I'm interested in
finding this and killing it.

http://www.harald-hoyer.de/files/bootchart-16.png

looks very much like it... but I could be wrong, though.

ok, could only very the newaliases fdatasync(). NetworkManager and hald do not seem to trigger this nor can I find any sync. Might be a normal journal commit going on there coincidentally.

sorry for the false alarm.

dan