Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Turning off bootchart: 30s

So all in all we have nearly accomplished the 30 Second Startup Feature http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/30SecondStartup.

Well, no; not if this requires data=writeback.  We can't ship that way,
it's a potential security hole.  You don't want someone's maildir
suddenly containing pieces of /etc/shadow or whatnot.  The old data that
may be exposed by data=writeback may not belong to that user.

-Eric

So, we switch to xfs as the default FS? :-)