Re: Alternatives to serial console for capturing oopses

Sam Varshavchik (mrsam courier-mta com) said:
> 1) Only the server component is present in Fedora. There is no client.
> And, of course, I need the client.
>
> 2) The client package requires additional kernel modules to be built. If
> you are actually using netdump in Fedora, please explain how.

If you're just interested in the messages, netconsole should work
fine. You can load the module by hand with the proper parameters,
or use the netconsole init script.

(For the server side I tend to be lazy and just do nc | tee on another
local box. YMMV.)

Bill