Re: RFC: Description text in packages

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Conrad Meyer wrote:

On Monday 15 December 2008 09:55:49 am Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 09:47:40AM -0800, Christopher Stone wrote:
So, why not just go to the upstream website?  Spec file descriptions
are not the place to look for feature lists...

Because I want to have 'yum search' do something useful and find those
features.  eg. If I want a blog tool with spam filtering that's
supported in Fedora, how do you propose to answer that question by
going to a website?

Doesn't yum do OR searches by default still? That "feature" made searching for
multiple terms pretty useless.

No.

It does multiple term results like google does:
- items matching all the terms
- items matching most of the terms
- items matching any of the terms

-sv