Re: NFS broken by recent Fedora 9 update?

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs math uh edu> writes:
> "TL" == Tom Lane <tgl redhat com> writes:
> TL> Anyone else seeing $SUBJECT?

> Maybe the rpcbind update, which has been discussed in a few places
> already?  You don't mention seeing any selinux denials in your
> logs, so it's tough to tell, but if so then pulling the selinux
> p0olicy packages from updates-testing should fix the issue.

Hmm ... nothing from selinux, but I do see several repetitions of this
when attempting an outbound automount:

Dec 15 19:06:14 rh2 kernel: rpcbind: server localhost not responding, timed out
Dec 15 19:06:14 rh2 kernel: RPC: failed to contact local rpcbind server (errno 5).

Nothing at all in /var/log/messages for an inbound automount, though.
[tries some other stuff ...]  Incoming afpd sessions not very happy
either.  I feel fortunate that I can still ssh into the box.

Grumble.  Why the heck are we doing major breakage in F9 rather than
rawhide, or at least F10 where people could expect some instability at
this point!?

			regards, tom lane