Re: RFC: Description text in packages

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le lundi 15 décembre 2008 à 08:41 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi a écrit :
Currently, I'm opposed to having a Guideline that mandates UTF-8 over
ASCII.

And I'm opposed to continuing to abuse ASCII glyphs and pretend they
stand for something other than their creators intended. One couldn't
avoid it when the available encoding didn't provide a clean way to write
some stuff, but doing it in 2008 is plain dumb.

I must have missed the 'fancy quotes' keys on my keyboard. Not to mention that ˵˶ don't seem to be in any of the fonts I'm using (newsreader, terminal, FF's text entry box...) and therefore show up as ugly boxes.

--
Matthew
Me: wtf?? "#warning This is temporary since Dec 2000". Seven-year "temporary" code?