NFS broken by recent Fedora 9 update?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 01:52:45 UTC 2008

"Jerry Amundson" <jamundso at gmail.com> writes:
> In case it was missed, note jkeating's very recent post "Coordination
> of updates and reading of bodhi comments".

Yeah, that may explain it.  At first I didn't think it was selinux,
because of the lack of any selinux complaints in my logs.  However,
looking back to the last boot found

Dec 14 19:21:46 rh2 rpcbind: setgid to 'rpc' (32) failed: Operation not permitted
Dec 14 19:21:48 rh2 setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing rpcbind (rpcbind_t) "setgid" rpcbind_t. For complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l 2e7e0f7b-d206-4999-a02c-91bf0cc9d1e2

For anyone who needs a fix right now, I can confirm that reverting
rpcbind to rpcbind-0.1.4-14.fc9 (the latest prior version I could find
on the download servers) makes the NFS and AFP problems go away.

			regards, tom lane