Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Harald Hoyer wrote:
So all in all we have nearly accomplished the 30 Second Startup Feature http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/30SecondStartup.

Well, no; not if this requires data=writeback.  We can't ship that way,
it's a potential security hole.  You don't want someone's maildir
suddenly containing pieces of /etc/shadow or whatnot.  The old data that
may be exposed by data=writeback may not belong to that user.

For my single user desktop with an encrypted filesystem, it makes no difference from a security standpoint. Even the pieces of /etc/shadow would be encrypted and only I can enter the decryption password after a (power?) failure.