Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 03:11:56PM +0100, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

> With default configuration, only exim can deliver directly. Postfix
> and sendmail need a daemon running or a cron job to actually deliver
> the mail.

I recall an somewhat old thread in which it was told that sendmail
didn't need to be run to perform local delivery. I don't have the
reference at hand, though, and I don't know myself.

At least MTA that don't need to be started as a daemon for local
delivery should not (and, in my opinion, it is a valid point for
changing the default in comps).

--
Pat