Re: Coordination of updates and reading of bodhi comments

Jesse Keating wrote:
Here is another example where maintainers need to coordinate more and
pay attention.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/FEDORA-2008-10000
(rpcbind-0.1.7-1.fc9) went into Fedora 9 updates testing on 11-22.  On
the 25th bodhi feedback showed that this requires selinux changes.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/FEDORA-2008-11122
(selinux-policy-3.3.1-115.fc9) went into Fedora 9 updates testing on
12-10.  This was the build to fix rpcbind.

On 12-10 rpcbind was submitted for stable.  On the same day, bodhi
feedback requested that this update not go out until the matching
selinux-policy went out to stable.

On 12-11 rpcbind went into stable.

Yeah, this is what prompted my earlier post. This also makes me wonder why I bother running updates-testing on some of my machines. Seems like half the time I report an issue, the update gets pushed to stable anyways.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion cora nwra com