Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Once upon a time, Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> said:
> On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 16:41 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> > so a good reason to power off is simply to save power
>
> Or to reboot for one of our frequent updates that require it.  kernel,
> dbus, etc...

Why does anything other than a kernel update require a reboot?

Is it possible to use kexec to boot a new kernel from the old one?  That
would cut down on the reboot time (on some of my systems, especially
servers with SCSI and/or RAID, the POST takes much longer than the
kernel/daemon boot).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>