Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

HibernateKit ?
Writing 4 gigs of RAM to swap at 20 meg/sec = 1 minute 25 seconds. I don't see much way around this.
On a laptop, can't you suspend first, then hibernate only if power drops dangerously low (and while no one is waiting)?

You would need to power up to hibernate -- not something laptops should do automatically, as they might be in a bag without fresh air for cooling (which obviously could lead to damaged hardware if hibernating fails).

I thought my old G4 powerbook did that years ago - and current XP. Did I imagine that?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com