Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> I suspect you will always be able to boot faster than you can
> hibernate+resume.

Hard to argue with that.  But if hibernate is the less common thing, and 90%
of time suspend works, it's a win.  And lets not forget that hibernate gets
you back where you left, where shutdown/boot-up doesn't.

I know suspend-to-both doesn't work and is not expected to work soon.  But
just making suspend work reliably gets us mostly there.  My laptop suspends
and resumes in about 5 seconds each way.  And fails perhaps once every 30
suspends.  Has done wonders.  I can't imagine having to shutdown all the time.

behdad