Re: What I'm going to do: Was: RFC: Description text in packages

Le Mer 17 décembre 2008 12:19, Richard Hughes a écrit :

> * Fri Feb 08 2008  Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>
> - 1:1.09-3
> ⌚ gcc 4.3 rebuild
>
> So, you've discussed those changes with upstream, defined a set of
> enumerated values, and standardised the other spec files right?

This is plain UTF-8 text that passes the current guidelines, that
passes rpmlint, and without non-standard magic post-processing markup
application side. It works in vi, emacs, eclipse, gedit, etc the same
way.

Which is what standardisation are about. Apps do not have to know
about a special syntax and I don't have to know about special app
quirks because we use the same plain UTF-8 text without magic spec.

--
Nicolas Mailhot